1. Behind every strong man is a strong woman.
2. Coretta lands a big one on MLK before the start of their famous Selma to Montgomery march in Alabama.
3. A family of love and respect.
4. The Kings turn up the charm and class while spending time with the late Dr Samuel DeWitt Proctor.
5. A rare photo of MLK with his family at his Montgomery, Alabama home.
6. The family share a candid photo outside of their home in Montgomery, Alabama.
7. The Kings march in Selma on behalf of the Selma Voting Rights Movement. The three marches influenced Congress to create the Voting Rights Act of 1965.
8. The civil rights leaders move ahead during their march to Montgomery.
9. “I’m more determined than ever that my husband’s dream will become a reality.”- Coretta Scott King
10. The iconic couple marches in Selma. Their love and dedication to the fair treatment of African Americans and voters alike spawned the Oscar-nominated film, Selma.
11. The couple leaves the Montgomery Court House after King was found guilty on charges of conspiring to boycott segregated city buses. He later appealed the charges.
12. “Every man of humane convictions must decide on the protest that best suits his convictions, but we all must protest.” Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
13. The Kings stand front and center as MLK receives his Medal of Honor in New York. (circa 1964)
14. The Kings meet fellow Nobel Peace Prize winner Ralph Bunche. Coretta has a few trophies of her own like the prestigious Academy of Achievement’s Golden Plate Award and the Ghandi Peace Prize.
15. The Kings in their Montgomery, Alabama home.
You May Also Like