Sean “Diddy” Combs is making history today. The hip-hop mogul officially launches Revolt TV – a music-oriented cable network set to focus on music videos, live performances, news, interviews and all things pop culture, driven by a younger crowd.
Revolt TV is set to be a breath of fresh air for our generation’s music – considering that the largest music television network – MTV – decided to cut out playing music videos altogether.
Fortunately, someone was able to recognize the huge gap left in music-television and that someone goes by multiple names: Diddy, Puff Daddy, Puffy, Sean Combs. But you can just call him “The Takeover,” because he’s about to revolutionize the music and television industry. Although it will take some time for the network to find its voice, we’re sure Revolt TV is destined for greatness.
So, it’s time to celebrate the man who started off as an intern and worked his way up to become the multi-millionaire he is now.
Do ya dance Diddy, ’cause we’re toasting the launch of Revolt TV by showcasing your biggest accomplishments in pop culture thus far.
Back in 1993 when he was “Puff Daddy,” the young aspiring entrepreneur started his own production company – Bad Boy Entertainment. Puff struck music gold when he became one of the main people in the industry at the time, responsible for cultivating the late-great Notorious B.I.G’s rap career.
After the death of Biggie in 1997, Puff released “I’ll Be Missing You,” a tribute song he dedicated to his good friend. The record featured B.I.G’s former wife, R&B singer Faith Evans, and went on to top the Billboard charts, launching Puff’s rap career.
Diddy’s platinum-selling debut album, No Way Out, featured appearances by icons such as Notorious B.I.G, Lil Kim, Ma$e, The Lox and many more. It was the third best-selling album of 1997, according to Billboard.
Which brings us to the Puffy and Ma$e era. The two rappers were inseparable during their run together, bringing us ’90s hits like, “Mo Money, Mo Problems,” “Been Around The World,” and “Can’t Nobody Hold Me Down,” among many other hot joints. Ma$e released his debut album, Harlem World, through Bad Boy Records.
By 1999, Diddy started to expand his growing empire and launched his own clothing line, Sean Jean. The fashion line became extremely successful, grossing millions, and even branching out to the fragrance world.
We can’t talk about Diddy’s accomplishments without bringing up the gorgeous Jennifer Lopez. The couple dated in the late ’90s – early 2000s and were considered hip-hop royalty. Diddy helped guide Jennifer’s successful music career and we can’t help but admit how good they looked together.
In 2010, Diddy closed a huge marketing deal with Ciroc and quickly became the frontman for the company. He helped with branding and transformed the beverage into a leading top-shelf vodka, while also introducing an entire “Ciroc” movement.
In the midst of building platforms for other artists, running million-dollar companies and raising a family, Diddy also managed to snag a few acting roles. He starred in the popular play, A Raisin in the Sun, and played himself in the hilarious fan favorite, Get Him To The Greek.
The mogul is a prime example of where hard work and dedication can take you. Revolt TV launches tonight, Oct. 21st at 8pm. It will be available on Comcast and Time Warner for now, but the first three hours of the broadcasting will stream live on Revolttv.com
Cheers to you Diddy!
1. Beach Goddess! Cassie And Her Amazing Bikini Body.
2. Cassie Snaps A Sexy Mirror Selfie.
3. Cassie Flashes Her Curves While Playing Ping Pong.
4. Oh! Cassie Puckers Up In Her Bathing Suit.
5. Cassie Is A Cutie.
6. Cassie And Good Friend Adrienne Bailon Cuddle Up For A Pic!
7. Good Life! Cassie Catches Rays By The Pool.
8. Gorgeous! Cassie Teases The Camera With A Selfie.
9. Flashing Lights! Cassie Does A Double Take.
10. Look Back At It! Cassie Gets Flirty.
11. Bike Chick! Cassie Posted Up Looking Fly As Usual.
12. Happy Girls Are The Prettiest! Cassie Enjoying Life.
13. Cassie Poses For A Quick Flick!
14. Cassie And Draya Are Two Bad Chicks.
15. Legs! Cassie Boo'd Up With Diddy.
16. Model Fab! Cassie Working The Camera.
17. Damn Cassie!
18. A Red Bikini Wearing Cassie!
19. Hot Bod! Cassie Flaunts Her Ridiculous Figure.
20. Pool Lovin'! Cassie Relaxes With A Glass Of Wine.
21. A Half-Shaved Head Cassie...Killin' It!
22. Cassie Rockin' Red Lips!
23. Back It Up! Cassie And A Model Friend On Set.
24. Vacation Mode. Cassie Lookin' Fab!
25. Cassie Modeling For Forever21.
26. Cassie Sneaks In A Hot Pic!
27. Cassie Looking Chic.
28. Shine Bright! Cassie Being Playful.
29. Aww! Cassie Being A Sweetie and Sexy At The Same Time!
30. Cassie Shows Off Her Amazing Skin.
31. Cassie Is A Fine A*s Girl!
32. Cassie Flaunts Her Signature Hair Style.
33. Ridin' Around, Gettin' It! Cassie Is Fierce.
34. Ciroc Girl! Cassie Representing For Her Man Diddy.
35. What A Babe! Cassie Smiling.
36. Cassie Posing For Esquire Magazine.
37. Cassie Having A Sexy Moment With A Friend.
38. Cake! Cassie Taking A Dip.
39. Baddie! Cassie In An All While Bathing Suit.
40. Cassie Rocking A Dope Outfit.
41. Beautiful! Cassie Is Glowing.
PHOTO CREDIT: GETTY, INSTAGRAM