Video streaming by Ustream
Ashley Reid, the daughter of Pebbles and L.A. Reid, went all the way in on the TLC biopic on her brother’s Ustream Radio show “Reid All About It.”
During the talk, Ashley was very outspoken in defending her mother‘s onscreen portrayal in the biopic and letting the world know the truth, according to her family.
“It was especially weird for me to see a whole bunch of fucking lies. That was interesting!” she said.
Ashley says she’s discouraged by how ignorant people are, maintaining that while the world is filled with average people, her family is special.
“Celebrities weren’t celebrities to us. They were people who took shits in our bathrooms. We ate at the same table, so already I have a skewed perspective on what a celebrity is.”
As for TLC, she tells Chilli and T-Boz:
“If you continue to point a finger at everybody else and never take responsibility for anything it usually means you need to sit your fucking ass down and take some accountability for something.”
If you weren’t aware: Crazy, Sexy, Cool: The TLC Story, was less than flattering in its portrayal of the band’s former manager Pebbles Reid. Read more about that, here.
Check out Ashley’s full interview above and let us know what you think in the comment section.
12 photos Launch gallery
1 of 12
1. TLC at the 1995 Billboard Music Awards.
2 of 12
2. TLC at the Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards in Los Angeles.
3 of 12
3. TLC rehearsing for the MTV 20th Anniversary party, "MTV20: Live and Almost Legal" at Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC.
4 of 12
4. TLC at the 2013 MTV Video Music Awards in Brooklyn.
5 of 12
5. TLC at the iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
6 of 12
6. TLC attend the iHeartRadio Music Festival at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
7 of 12
7. TLC stop by Music Choice's "You & A" in NYC.
8 of 12
8. Chilli at the "Crazy, Sexy, Cool" Premiere Event in NYC.
9 of 12
9. T-Boz at the "Crazy, Sexy, Cool" Premiere Event in NYC.
10 of 12
10. Left Eye performing at the 1999 MTV Music Video Awards in NYC.
11 of 12
11. Left-Eye at the 14th Annual Soul Train Music Awards.
12 of 12
12. Left Eye at the 2000 Essence Awards in NYC.