Former President Bill Clinton has been called one of the greatest presidents this country has seen.
Not only was he the first POTUS to be born of the Baby Boomer generation, but he also made improving race relations a major theme of his presidency. Before Barack Obama wooed the world with his swag, Mr. Clinton was the King of Cool.
From rocking short-shorts at McDonald’s with Al Gore, to comparing his presidency to running a cemetery, we’re counting down Bill Clinton’s funniest moments.
Happy 69th Birthday, Mr. Clinton!
1. When he compared being President to running a cemetery.
“Being president is like running a cemetery: you’ve got a lot of people under you and nobody’s listening,” he said at a campaign event for Senate candidate Alison Lundergan Grimes in Louisville, Ky.
2. When he jammed out on the saxophone at The Arsenio Hall Show.
The cool sunglasses were the best part.
3. When he hit up McDonald’s with Al Gore – both rocking short shorts.
So. Very. Short. To his credit, it was 1992.
4. When he laughed uncontrollably at a mistranslation of Boris Yeltsin’s comment about a reporter being “a complete disaster.”
Clinton. You can’t take him anywhere.
5. His Funny Or Die Video that highlighted Clinton’s selfish tendencies:
Hey, at least he can poke fun at himself.
6. That other time he used his southern wit to describe being president:
“Sometimes I feel like a fire hydrant looking at a pack of dogs,” he said. “For six years I had declined to tell those kinds of jokes, because I have been told it is not presidential. But I feel kind of outdoorsy today.”
7. That time he tried to digress from answering Monica Lewinsky questions during his grand jury testimony regarding the Lewinsky scandal.
“It depends on what the meaning of the word ‘is’ is.” Classic.
8. The time he got angry with a heckler and told them to ‘calm down.’
Cheers to Bill; could he be the very first First Man in the White House in 2016?
SOURCE: Answers.Com, YouTube | PHOTO CREDIT: Youtube, Getty