A 21-year-old Syracuse, New York man accused of punching a disabled Army veteran in the face Monday morning at a Dunkin’ Donuts has turned himself in.
Dominick Vidal decided to give himself up after several of his coworkers told him they saw his picture on the news. The incident occurred around 11 a.m. Monday when Vidal approached the veteran and his service dog. According to ABC News, police say Vidal became angry when the man wouldn’t let Vidal’s daughter pet his dog. He then punched him twice in the face and fled the scene soon after. When he confessed to police, he said he wanted “to claim responsibility for his actions” and admitted he overreacted.
The veteran was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Vidal is being charged with third-degree assault and endangering the welfare of a child, and is scheduled to appear in court on January 12.
SOURCE: Death And Taxes, ABC News | PHOTO CREDIT: Facebook
Top 11 Political Moments Of 2015
11 photos Launch gallery
1. Loretta Lynch Confirmed As U.S. Attorney General
1 of 11
2. Supreme Court Legalizes Same-Sex Marriage
2 of 11
3. Confederate Flag Removed From South Carolina Statehouse
3 of 11
4. Hillary Clinton Announces Second Presidential Bid
4 of 11
5. President Barack Obama Defends Black Lives Matter
5 of 11
6. President Obama Visits Prison
6 of 11
7. U.S. and Cuba Restore Diplomatic Relations.
7 of 11
8. DOJ Announces Probe Of Chicago Police
8 of 11
9. President Barack Obama Sings “Amazing Grace”
9 of 11
10. Vice President Joe Biden Almost Ran for President
10 of 11
11. Bernie Sanders Sick of Clinton’s Emails
11 of 11